This job posting is closed and no longer available. Thank you to everyone who submitted an application.
Akoostix was recently awarded a significant R&D support contract and is experiencing increased demand for its current services along with an increased appetite for internal R&D. This growth is fueling requirements for more software developers/engineering staff.
Akoostix is looking for a highly motivated, intermediate to senior software developer/systems engineer with a strong sonar system development background. We are looking for an individual that has the desire and ability to apply industry best practices when developing software for the applied sciences including acoustic signal processing, marine mammal detection, data analysis, and oceanography. The position requires experience developing modules for both signal and information processing along with advanced displays and user interfaces. Proven system integration, testing experience and the ability to support field trials will be required.
Your qualifications must include a degree from a recognized university science or engineering program. A successful candidate will have:
- Three or more years experience programming in C/C++ and Java with a strong interest in professional software development and systems engineering.
- Experience with distributed system design using CORBA/OS middleware
- Experience developing data displays using GTK and/or X
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Experience developing applications using the Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) System Test Bed (STB) (highly desirable)
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills (desirable)
- Domain knowledge in acoustics, signal processing, marine mammals, and oceanography (desirable).
Akoostix offers competitive salary, benefits, and compensation; a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team; and unparalleled opportunity to benefit from contributions to innovation. If you are the type of person who enjoys analyzing and solving challenging real-world problems using physics, computers and mathematics; cool leading-edge technology; and who can’t resist pulling apart the latest new toys to see how they work, then you want to talk to us!