ADEOS – ADaptive Extensible Observation System
Adeos is the framework upon which Akoostix develops operational systems for a wide variety of applications. The heart of Adeos is built with reusable software modules developed during research, while the remaining system is primarily composed of flexible reusable components. This approach reduces system cost and provides a rapid technology-insertion path.
Adeos integrates and extends STAR software modules to provide system-level modules for efficient solution development:
- Independent, concurrent signal and sonar processing.
- Sophisticated, distributed service management and control.
- Efficient management and distribution of large data sets.
- Flexible, advanced user displays, workflow, and analysis tools.
- System monitoring.
- Fault-tolerant functionality.
Adeos components operate according to a specified set of protocols and can interface with any component that is compatible with that protocol. For example, a time-series protocol is used to manage connections and data flow between data sources, beamformers, and passive processing. In most cases, these protocols operate over a standard TCP network connection, but the layered software design allows for their replacement to conform to other requirements such as use of specific middleware.
Other important aspects of Adeos:
- Over to 95% of software is contained in reusable software libraries.
- About 50% of software is contained in software libraries licensed from DRDC Atlantic without any modification.
- Adeos components have been integrated into small embedded processors and large scale distributed architectures.
- Adeos includes a flexible display framework that can be efficiently adapted to specific customer requirements and work flow.